Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last post here, but I've been so incredibly busy it seems like only a couple of months.

Well it's done, I am no longer getting my paychecks from Nortel, but the company which bought our division, GENBAND. The best thing about this is that it is at least an American company which intends to keep much of its R&D here in the US.

Of course we'll see about that. The thing is, although I was fortunate enough to survive at least 38 layoffs in the last 10 years, it does not give me a huge sense of security to have made it through Nortel's bankruptcy!

So my business is continuing to grow, and I continue to have no worries! I will be working for GENBAND as long as they want to pay me a good salary for what I do, and in the meantime my business will be gaining momentum and before it's necessary will be doubling my income.

When I am finally forced into retirement from my 20 some year career in software engineering, I will be relieved, because I so much more enjoy the networking and business I am in now! It's far less stressful, lots more fun, and I look forward to the day that is all that I do!

Happy Independence Day!
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment